Saturday, October 9, 2010

White Flag -as suggested by a friend

She can't pretend her way through the life that has disintegrated into hers any longer. The reality is too painful and the absence of fantasy strikes her to her knees.

"I am waving my white flag. Not to you, hopes and dreams. Not to you truth and lies, but to all of you."

She cannot speak this aloud,only her thoughts resound- no one hears her either way.

Her path has been littered the same as any one's; with hurt and hope and joy and despair. Some people are meant for bravery some are just weak. The girl hoped to be strong, imagining strength of spirit growing over her like a suit of armor.

Then one day she woke up.

She woke up.

She realized she was weak. That she didn't have it in her to develop a guard. She is incapable of building a wall.

She is weak.

What does one do once they realize that weakness is their only virtue?

They give up.

They walk away.

They wave their white flag and tell the world, "It is not that I surrender, I am simply giving up. I will not dwell within your confines, I will cease to exist within my own"

And now she will swim or fly or sleep- the mode matters not- it is the void she seeks and however she gets there is well enough to her.

As long as the void will be her final prize for cowardice.

No comments:

Post a Comment