Sunday, December 12, 2010

Update #3

Rumor has it mom may be discharged from the hospital tomorrow. I hope she is ready. Uncle Mike and I went and toured 2 nursing homes for her to go to for a couple of weeks. Let me tell you, they were both awful! One was worse than the other though so we are able to get her a private room in the lesser of the 2 evils.

She is talking about doing chemo- that is a good thing and a bad thing. It is good because it could possibly extend her life a couple of years. Could- no guarantees. It is bad because Chemo is hell and we all know it. There is really no good outcome here.

Mom talked to me a lot tonight about her will and instructions for burial, etc. It was AWFUL. I just am beside myself right now. Uncle Mike has to go back to North Carolina in the morning. I am concerned about him leaving. I don't know how I am going to manage without him. This is just so difficult and really WAY to difficult for me to handle on my own.

I am so lost and alone. I don't know what to do. I just don't know what to do.

One foot in front of the other I guess.

HFH

No comments:

Post a Comment