Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I loved this trip! It was near-perfect- some sun and heat would have been cool, but other than that it was great.

I learned a few things on this trip- one, I kick like a girl- no real surprise there and according to Nicolas, Yellow is my lucky number (!?!?). Also, my brothers can be cruel (Alan, this is mini- golf not croquet you jerk!) and most certainly unusual, but camping with my family is nothing like punishment.

We enjoyed my little anxiety attacks as a group, like when Kaya crossed over the barrier at Dry Falls (several hundred foot drop) or when we hiked up a cliff to enter the Lanore Caves- leave it to me to get left behind while picking flowers, some things just never change.

Nic and I had some solid bonding time- I paddled him all over the lake for an hour- when asked if he would rather ride the aqua cycle with his dad, he said "No, you!" Awww little man loves me.

I had the distinct pleasure of enjoying a rite if passage when I introduced Nicolas to Battleship. I am completely star struck by this little man especially when he looks up at me and says "Your eyes look like Aquamarine".Save that one dude, it just might work if you can maintain that youthful sincerity.

When I was chastising Alan for being a mini golf bully (the word despicable echoing across the near silent campground) Nicolas runs up to me and, with panic in his eyes, implores "You still love me though, right?" Of course I love you little darling. I may never have the opportunity to be a mom, but I am already one hell of an auntie.

I spent some good time with Michele, walking and playing games, but nothing beats her squeal when she gets a hole in 2 on the course, you are a quiet, spunky little thing Michele. You are such a great mom to both Nicolas and Alan....

And Alan...where do I begin- go ahead and blame me for any repercussions of this blog, as you stated "cause girls ruin everything", I have to call you out on your nonsense because it is the thing I love most about you. Alan says to me "Everyone gets so hung up on phonetics!" Phonetics? Really, Al? Letters and the sounds they make? THIS is what everyone is so hung up on?? God, I love you, you ridiculous man.

We will be planning a family intervention soon. Mike, I have never seen someone so wound up on "Connectivity" and "Bars" in all my life. Take a vacation why don't you??? I love you but bro, I am seeing some of me in you and we all know how scary that is.

I am so glad we took that trip. Before we left, I could see myself getting caught up and worked up. Now that I am back, I am so relaxed. It was the perfect combination of fun with my family and relaxing in nature. We all know that I love natural beauty so much you will often find me at a beach or mountain drooling on myself, and Sun Lakes was no different. I feel peaceful and fulfilled.

Finally, I know daddy would be pleased. When we were kids, he took us to this spot- which is why we chose it for the site of this year's and our future family vacations. I could feel his approval and just wish our 4th was there- maybe she will join us next year.

I love you guys. Thanks so much for everything. I am glad you are my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment