Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lucky Girl

Fortunate may be a more appropriate descriptive.

What a very fortunate girl I have been today. I spent the morning walking for an hour and a half just letting my thoughts fly unfettered into the warm sunshine. I love this time to think and move and escape into my own dreams. I had a productive day, some clean clothes to wear, a shiny car...not too bad.

My brothers- man I love em- and Michele and Nicolas too. Sun Lakes is going to be amazing and I am so excited to know that this year is just going to be the first in a new family tradition. I had no idea you read my blog Mike, but you can be sure I will be hiding some Easter eggs for you in future posts. Stop treating me like the black sheep though, cause you're it bro. I love you but seriously - we will have lots to talk about on the drive to EWA.

My new friend shared his food, his thoughts, and some laughs with me before sending me on my way to one of the best Hip Hop shows I have attended in a long time. Life is always putting people in your path for various reasons. That is something to be thankful for.

Tonight was Phree's going away party and for me it was bittersweet.I am excited for this new chapter in your lives, but I will miss you tremendously. I always feel like royalty on the hip hop scene for being Phree's Auntie, but every one there would tell you they treat me like that because of my smile. What an amazing group of talented positive people- thanks Phree for bringing that into my life.

Ah, Phree.... DON'T CALL ME RYAN- honestly I had never thought of it that way. That was a little insight into the man you have become. I know it was a little off the cuff, but seriously thanks for sharing a piece of you with you fans and friends.

I know your mother failed you, but just remember that your grandma, grandpa, and auntie were there for you. I know growing up was rough, but I, for one, am so blessed to have you as not only my nephew, but my brother. You have had a major impact on me- I wonder if I have ever told you that.

You have been a supreme annoyance, a bitter rival, a trusted confidant, a partner in crime (both literally and figuratively) and really, always a little brother to me. I love you to the ends of the earth.I love it when you call me "Beautiful" because I know what that really means to you. When you rock the mic I burst with pride, your art is amazing, your presence is a gift to everyone. Don't be pissed that I take credit for you learning how to read ;)

Mo- Such a beautiful woman and mother. I fell in love with you instantly and you will now and always be my sister. Take care of my boys and know I am always here for you.

Magnus- go cut your teeth on some coconut trees, my little love. You have a special little universe around you most people don't have- make the most of it.

I am so filled with gratitude tonight. It is time to get some sleep- if tomorrow holds even a fraction of the fun, joy, family, and love today held, I can't wait to get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment