Thursday, September 16, 2010

Breathe

Do you ever notice how you hold your breath in times of distress? Without a thought we do that all the time. I have been holding my breath a lot these past few months. I admitted the truth, faced a challenge, lost a connection, traveled into and away from myself, expanded my circle and spirit, let my guard down, started an new school year...and it still keeps coming.

Sometimes I realize I am holding my breath. When I don't breathe, I get anxious, irrational, stressed, depressed, angry and morose. When I stop and breathe, it doesn't take anything away, but like a lorazapam, it takes the edge off.

Tonight I am just stopping to look at the things I have done well, the accomplishments I have made, the joys I have had in the past 4 months. I know I have a lot to still face. I will once again prepare for battle- hold my breath- and fight a little each day. However, I can just take tonight to breathe. Stop and take a look around, smile at the good things that have come and move forward.

I have a very dear friend that I also hope is taking a breath, at least for tonight.

School is exceeding my expectations, I am exceeding my expectations. I have goals, I have friends, I have family. I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment