Monday, January 11, 2010

Anxiety...

I hate anxiety.

We all have it, unfortunately, I am wired in a way that I am in a frequent state of anxiety. Who am I kidding? I am in a near constant state of anxiety. It sucks. I try to avoid medicating myself for this, but we all self- medicate. Food has always been a good medication for me. Sort of. It would make me feel better then worse.....

For the past two days my anxiety level has been way up there.

Don't get me wrong, I had a wonderful weekend and generally feel refreshed and ready to go, but I have always lived with a heightened state of anxiety so it is almost as though I can split those two aspects of my life apart- the anxiety and how I live my life. I have a great difficulty consciously stopping my anxiety, but I can still cope and enjoy aspects of my life. I suppose that is how the mind adapts to chronic problems.

Anyway, the last 2 days have been high anxiety days...lots to do, obsessed with my eating plan, etc. I have had bad dreams two nights in a row and couldn't sleep past 4:45 this morning. Is that like reverse insomnia? Oh well at least I got some sleep.

It looks like finding healthy ways to deal with anxiety should be top on the list this year. I just am not sure where to begin.....

1 comment:

  1. may i recommend slow, deep breathing?
    seriously, it's impossible to be anxious and hold tension in the body when we are consciously breathing deeply. it slows the mind down and relaxes the body. it's a good start.

    ReplyDelete