Thursday, January 14, 2010

Balance

As I demonstrated in bellydancing last night- balance is not really my thing. I really need to focus on life balance. I have been crazy on the go and I have more on my plate now and I need to make sure other things that are so important to me (Curtis, school, and work) are not left on the back burner.

I adore Curtis and I don't want use to grow apart due to all the changes and the hectic schedule. I need to make sure we have time for all of our fun and bonding which have made our relationship so rock solid. I love you baby, and you mean the world to me so lets keep communication strong. You are my best friend and I need you, want you, love you. I am blessed to have you in my life and I want you to continue to feel the same about me.

School- I am so done with it, but the truth is I have one more class, and I have to get through it. Also, I have gotten straight A's and I don't want to break the streak.

My job is demanding and I really need to keep up with those demands. It requires time outside of work so I must find and make that time.

Does anyone have tips to keep all of these things in balance?

2 comments:

  1. i pay attention to how i'm feeling about each of my activities, and adjust how much time i spend on each... if i'm feeling like i'm spending too much time around something and not enough around another thing, i make boundaries for myself and stick to them. (absolutely no work after 5pm or on weekends, or always stretching and meditation first thing when i get out of bed.)

    i also, keep a monthly chart of the things that are really important to me (meditation/walking/yoga/reading/journaling/art/relationships) and color in the box on the day i participate/experience/do/be that thing (usually with parameters like number of times per day/week/month)... then i can look and see a visual map of how i'm honoring myself by doing what i love / being who i want to be.

    i'd love for you to write another entry later on about balance as you discover more about what works for you!

    ReplyDelete